Best Places to Retire for Single Seniors
If you are separated, divorced, widowed, or never married and are looking to find the best place to retire we have the perfect list for you! Dating in your golden years has become increasingly popular with today’s boomer generation.
In light of this, U.S. News used Census Bureau information to create a list of the top 10 best places to retire for single seniors. Whether you are looking for love or friendship this list of quick facts is sure to help your decision for a place to live.
- Pittsfield, Massachusetts (52% of seniors are single)
- Florence, South Carolina (49% of seniors are single)
- Vineland/Millville/Bridgeton New Jersey (17,000 single seniors plus a drive-in movie theater)
- Jackson, Mississippi (senior discounts at a great date spot – the Russell C. Davis Planetarium)
- Springfield Massachusetts (day-trips have no end whether your retirement activities focuses on sports, museums, art or water sports)
- Miami/Fort Lauderdale/Pompano Beach Florida (47% of seniors are single)
- Eureka/Arcata/Fortuna California (get in touch with nature and drive through a Redwood tree)
- Memphis, Tennessee (relaxing suburbs and hip downtown create the best city to retire in for all)
- New Orleans, Louisiana (130,000 single seniors)
- Columbus, Georigia (go back or forward in time by visiting the Space or Civil War museums)